Friday, October 8, 2010

A mother's love.

You know how moms are.  They are always wanting to know how your life is.  How was my recipe you fixed, how are those pants I hemmed for you, when are you giving me grandchildren--you know, normal mom things.  And a lot of people are annoyed by their mom at my age and younger.  But since I have been married, do you know what I have realized?  MY MOM HAS ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT.  What is with that? Why are mom's always right and why didn't I listen to her sooner? 

My mom has always taken care of me, even when I didn't (don't) deserve it.  She constantly wants to make sure that I am living my life for the Lord and keeping me in check when I become selfish.  But one of the best things about my mom?  She makes me gifts all the time.  Not BUYS gifts, makes them :)  She has no idea, but these are the best gifts ever for me.  She makes these wreaths that would put Hobby Lobby out of business!

So I thought I would share her latest creation with you :)  She made me a fall wreath for our front door!


So all of this to say....thank you mom.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for teaching me how to be selfless.  Thank you for being a mother and friend. 


2 comments:

The McClain's said...

She is the best!!! And that wreath is beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Courtney, I love you too! My wreath looks better in your picture than it did in person, you are a great photographer!