Monday, January 17, 2011

Friendship.

Friendship.  It seems so simple when you are young and have no responsibilities.  But when you start to get older....it seems to get more and more difficult as the days and months go by.  It becomes more of a choice rather than asking permission on a Friday night.    When you get to the choosing part, people start to just....die off.  And you are left with the people who choose you.  Who choose your friendship, your support, your love.

This past weekend I spent in Nashville, TN with one of those friends.  We grew up together in church but didn't become really close until our senior year of high school.  After that, we had a special connection and I have never been able to pin point what that quite is!  Sometimes I think Bethany just understands me (which is hard to do...).  I commend her for that, because I can be a complicated person!  I love her so dearly and I am so thankful she chooses our friendship :)

One thing I forgot to mention--she is expecting!  (Just like everyone else around me....)  So I wanted to share some picture of her and her husband I grabbed real quick before I left yesterday :)  Bethany, thank you for being such an encouragement to me and for taking the time to care about my life :)

Her cake at the Baby shower--the thyme in the nursery....Owls :)



 Momma to be :)


Bethany and her beautiful Mother

Bethany and her Grandmother

Bethany and her sister, Joann :)



Bethany, her husband Xander, and their dog Bowzer :)




Bethany & Xander--thanks for letting me crash at your place this weekend! :)  I had an awesome time, and I can't wait for Brinkley to arrive!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This was such a heart grabbing post for me! I loved your words Courtney! And Bethany you look so happy and gorgeously glowing mommyhood! Get ready for the time of your life dear:-) its so encouraging to see people from high school still have a great bond! Thanks for sharing Courtney!

Courtney said...

You are welcome Sarah! :)

Unknown said...

Your definition of friendship is so, so right! Great blog! Lovely pictures!

The McClain's said...

Courtney- you did a great job on this blog- the photos, the words- everything. Bethany - you look so beautiful. Love you girls...