Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vacation: First Stop...Florida!

When I was younger, I took my family for granted.  I had (have) parents who love each other, grandparents who were just a bike ride away and other family just a few hours away.  I always had family at all of my swim meets, dance rectials (all 3 nights!!), musicals, orchestra concerts--you name it, they were all there supporting me.  And I don't think I ever really, truly thanked them for that support as a teenager.

Now that they have all moved away (except for my parents) we rarely see each other.  As I mentioned before, seeing most of my immediate family was a monthly thing.  Now it is more like once or twice a year.  But when we do spend time together, I try to cherish every moment we are together. 

Our first trip on our vacation was my Uncle Terry and his family.  They have 3 boys, Xander, Ian & Eli.  They are a crazy family and we love that about them! :)  Ok, I will shush and show you pictures now :)

We started out our trip to the beach at night! :)















Then spent time with the kids at Terry & Angela's house...they don't like clothes.
This is Ian :)
This is Eli :)

Eli likes to wear underwear on his head.  These kids make me so happy :)
Angela and I--people always ask if we are sisters :) 
(excuse my bad looks, I was so sun burnt!)

Then Daniel and I took our own little trip to the beach!


Daniel is on a boogie board out in the ocean!  You can barely see him..

Me and Ian :)
Ian and Mommy!
Eli and daddy putting on his cool spiderman slippers so we can go out to a cool Frozen Yogurt place!
We thought we would get a nice family photo before we headed out.  Eli and Ian wanted to go in their superhero pajamas :)
Add Courtney & Daniel!



Brothers :)























And the reason why we AREN'T ready for kids--Daniel encouraging this kind of behavior...  :)























Next stop--Atlanta, GA!

Love,
Courtney

2 comments:

The McClain's said...

These are great- you did an awesome job on the night time ones- esp. the beach one! So glad you guys had a great time! So...when is it 'next stop Costa Rica?' to see your family there? :) hehehehe:) love you1

Unknown said...

Yes you are right what a blessing it is to live so close to family. How I miss Terry, Angela and the boys.

"ya wanna play with me aunt tweena?....me nex, me neex, me neeexxxx!!!...do me do me, do meeeeeeeeeeeee!" Oh i need to get to Florida!