Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Whew!

Hey everyone! Did everybody have a great weekend? Well, I sure did! :) Saturday was definitely an experience for me for sure. I was a volunteer Photographer for the Sheridan Sesquicentennial and boy was it HOT saturday! I was basically there all day shooting different events that were going on. I started out with the "Noodles on the Lot". One of the churches in Sheridan made HOMEMADE Chicken & Noodles! Homemade noodles! They were amazing, and also the people were super nice while I stuck my camera all up in their faces and food :) Then I went out to the Park and heard a band called "Hammer & Nails" under the gazebo. They were pretty good, they did a lot of country covers that I liked! Then after that, it was off to the beard & mustache contest :) Then my last stop, the "Wild Mustard" Concert! I was super excited about seeing them because one of my friends is from Sheridan and she follows this band around a lot (and also used to do the marketing for them) and she had said they were really great and fun! I had a wonderful time shooting them and just milling around the town taking random shots of people :)

Geesh, I truly do have so much to learn about photography. Since it was basically in the middle of the day, with direct sunlight and half of the events were under shaded tents--lets just say I had a lot of lighting issues. There is only so much you can edit, you know? I had an attachable flash, but frankly, I just didn't know how to make it work! :( I finally got it in Manual Mode and played around with it enough to where the shots were looking decent. So, I know I am not so great on the technical side of using the camera. But this is only my second time using it for an actual shoot. SO, maybe I am expecting too much of myself to know everything right away....

Anyway, I had a blast and I can't wait to learn more and to be able to get my own camera soon and just to get the chance to do something I love to do!!! :)

I will post more about the kitchen later (UGH) since this blog is so long! Ha!

OH Wait! Small note: Daniel and I are going down to Georgia this weekend to see Jason, Tara, Ethan, Elaina & Howell baby # 3 this weekend and we are super excited about it! We haven't seen them since Christmas and our niece & nephew are growing up without us :( So we spontaneously decided to go down there! Pray for safe travel please!

Love,
Courtney

No comments: