Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Anniversary

This past Sunday (8/8/10) was Daniel and I's 1 year anniversary.  Can you believe that??  SO much stuff has happened in just one year!  All I can say is that even though Daniel and I sometimes have struggles, I cannot imagine being married to anyone else.  God truly did prepare us and makes us exactly to fit together!  I am so blessed to have a husband like Daniel--one that cares for me, loves me, makes me laugh (very important!) and most importantly loves God with all his heart.

Since we were singing at a Convention in Marion Friday & Saturday, we only really had Sunday to celebrate.  So Daniel wanted to start this new tradition, and it was so cute :)  He was explaining it in his "little kid" voice, which is my favorite :)  He wanted to start a movie tradition where we pick out one "chick flick" we haven't seen and one we have seen and watch them back to back.  The only problem was, he bought one we haven't seen--but it wasn't a chick flick!  It was the movie "The Reader" and it was about an older teacher who has an serious affair with a 15 year old kid.  I was like"....um....honey....this isn't a chick flick."  and his response was..."But it has Kate Winslet in it!!"  Apparently any movie with Kate Winslet is a chick flick?  Anyway, it was still an awesome idea so we picked one out of the many that I have that he hasn't seen and watch it.  It was awesome to just relax on the couch and watch a totally stupid (yet funny!) movie!

Then after that, we got all dressed up and went to this amazing Italian restaurant that we love called Matteo's Ristorante Italinao.  I am telling you, this place is awesome.  They make everything from scratch--pastas, breads, sauces, its amazing.  Did I say that it was good?  Because it is :)  It is downtown Noblesville on the square. 
So all in all, our anniversary was very laid back and relaxing!  Which is just what we needed.  We have been so busy lately.

Oh yes, and we are still watching mom & dad's dogs!  They are being such great sports :)  Jake has yet to destroy anything, so that is awesome.  We have to give them back this week though, and while I WON'T miss getting up super early to take Jake out, I WILL miss their company.  They are such sweet and loving dogs!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Love,
Courtney

1 comment:

The McClain's said...

That is so funny that he picked out The Reader...yeah...ummm...totally not a chick flick...anyway...SO GLAD your day was great! Miss you both and love you too!!