Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kitchen Disaster/Blessing?

Wow, so it has been almost a week since I have posted anything! I have a lot to catch up on for sure.

Well we will start with the Blog title. Yes--only 4 weeks into being in the house we have issues. Right now our kitchen looks like this (see earlier post for what it looked like before):

(excuse the poor quality, it is from daniel's phone)


When I see this I think "AHHH!!!" SO basically what happened was we had gotten a Culligan Water Softner installed and also a water filter on our kitchen sink. About a week after that, I noticed the carpet was damp under the sink. So I open up the cabinet and WHAM, there is mold everywhere! Long story short, after finding moisture in the kitchen floor, laundry room floor & bathroom--Culligan is having to replace the floor, some damaged cabinets and drywall in our kitchen. Right now it is a little stressful around the Howell household :)

You are probably thinking "And how is this a Blessing??" Well I will tell you! :) Daniel and I had talked about at some point replacing the floors in these rooms (because there is carpet there now and we dont like carpet). SO now we get all new floors in all 3 rooms we wanted and for almost free!! Since Culligan is paying to replace what is there, we will only have to pay some extra to get the flooring we want. I know this a round-about way of being a blessing. But I see it as a Huge Blessing! Because it would have taken us a while to save up enough to get this done!

Then I got a call about something exciting last week in regards to my photography! Sheridan, IN is having it's 150th year festival this coming week and they called me to be an "Offical" photographer for a bunch of events this satruday! I know that most people are like, "oh woo hoo, Sheridan...." But this is a great way for me to get some awesome shots and experience. I am so stoked about it :)

I will hopefully post up some picture of that next week. So, these next few weeks will be interesting to see how to repairs go. I will keep photos going of the process. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Courtney

2 comments:

The McClain's said...

hey...totally didn't know we have the same template on our blogs...I promise I just saw this today and I did not copy you...great minds think alike :) last time I looked at it, the background was the sky...

The Smith Family said...

Praise for blessings in disguise! Also congrats on the photo opportunity, it sounds great.