Thursday, August 19, 2010

TDQ Homecoming

I am totally starting to lack on the posts, I apologize!  Daniel and I have been a bit busy lately, mostly with group stuff.

The Disciples Quartet (Southern Gospel group I sing in) had our "Homecoming" this past weekend! :)  Now, when you hear homecoming, most of you probably think of your high school football games, and homecoming queens, etc.  But in the Southern Gospel industry it is a time to celebrate the year of ministry!  Normally, you bring in one of your favorite groups to sing with you and just have a great time :) This year we had Soul'd Out Quartet with us.  They are an AWESOME national group who we have really looked up to over the years.  These guys are so down to earth and are truly in it for the ministry and to see souls saved!  I wish I had pictures to share, but I don't :(

We had a wonderful time and the best part about it was we recorded it LIVE so we can put out a new LIVE RECORDING!  We are super excited about it.  Daniel and is mixing it right now actually and we hope to have it out within the next month or so!  We had such a great time and are so blessed to have so many supporters.

Now onto personal stuff :)  So Adam (Daniel's twin brother) is getting married next July to a wonderful young lady named Natalie.  I went with her and some of her bridesmaids to see her top 2 dress picks.  I had such a good time with all of them!  I am also going to be helping her with flowers and other things for the wedding.  It is so exciting to help someone else through the wedding process.  I can pass on all my advice and "don't do this" suggestions to help make her wedding day the most  perfect day ever!  It is so wonderful to finally be bonding with her and getting to see how much we have in common and how well we are getting along :)

I am slowly starting to feel like the Lord is restoring the joy in my heart again.  Yes, my job is still frustrating, yes I still drive an hour and 15 minutes to work, but you know what--at least I have a job.  More importantly, I have a knowing salvation of my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ!!  Nothing on this earth matters except for honoring Him and witnessing to others!  As long as I am seeking God's will he will have his way in my life and I am so thankful to remember that daily.

Love,
Courtney

No comments: