Friday, August 27, 2010

Dreams...

This week as been such a blessing for me.  There is this class I have been watching live online for the past couple of days.  CreativeLive & Jasmine Star have come together this week to create this awesome online session for beginning photographers.  So, I have been listening & watching as she has answered questions about how she started her business, how she markets her photography and also how she shoots!  I can't even begin to explain all that I have learned from her in just the 3 days I have been able to listen to these sessions!  I think yesterday was such a eye opener for me, though.  She talked about how when she started out, she didn't even know how to turn her camera on!  How she knew absolutely nothing and had so much to learn because she was clueless.  Now, here she is only 4 years later and is one of the biggest photographers in California.
I found this sooo soo encouraging, because if she started out clueless, then why can't I?  It makes me feel so much better to know someone else out there started out just the way I did--loving photography but having no idea how to start.  Being able to witness and hear her journey has inspired me to just get out there and DO IT!  Go for it!  Who cares if I have no idea what I am doing?  I am never going to learn if I just sit around and mope about how I don't know anything!

I am filled with passion today, and I can't wait until I can go at this full force.  And I can't end this post without giving a shout out to my friend Michael Early.  I mean, this guy--he just rocks :)  Since I don't have a camera of my own yet, he has been SO GRACIOUS enough to loan me his camera whenever I want to use it.  I mean, what kind of friend is that?  An awesome one!  I will never be able to tell him how thankful I am that he is such a giving person.  I wouldn't be learning what I need to learn right now if it weren't for him :)

THANKS MICHAEL! :)

Well, I will have some wonderful pictures for you guys next week as I am shooting a family session this weekend--I am totally excited :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Love,
Courtney

2 comments:

The McClain's said...

I love you, girl! Follow your dreams! Praying for you...

The Smith Family said...

Darn, I wish I was able to tune in for the Jasmine Star class! Did you see every one? Tell me about it!