Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Risks

As I reflect on the workshop I took with Jasmine Star recently, I can't get this one piece of advice that she gave constantly.  She talked a lot about taking risks.  Not just financial ones--but life-changing ones. I posted on my Facebook page this morning on how risks are scary.  I mean if they weren't I don't think it would be called that.....deep, I know :)  But as a photographer, there are so many variables that go into it.  You have to set yourself apart from every other photographer out there.  It's a lot easier said then done!!  In this overabundance in the industry right now, it gets harder and harder everyday to figure out what risks to take.  I have to say, for me the most risky things I need to do involve money.  I guess admitting out loud that taking financial risks is hard thing to do.  Debt, paying bills, struggling to find work...these are all scary factors.  BUT if we want to succeed, if we want to stand out to the world, if we want to share our gifts with growing families with weddings, babies, engagements....we have to connect with them.  We have to throw ourselves out there....and see if anyone latches on.

It's getting that time in my journey to take some risks.  But I am not sure I have to cahonas to do it.

Lord, if this is truly the path that you want me on....PLEASE show me a sign.  Lord, I want to share this gift with so many but there are so many things that have to happen in order to move along with my photography.  I need the strength to know this is the right decision.  I need the peace that only You can give.  I need confirmation that we can financially afford to take these risks.  Most of all I need You to come along side me and show me the way.  Show me that this is truly where You are leading me.  You are my Creator, my Comforter, my Lord.....in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: