Friday, November 5, 2010

Struggles

I have to admit something to you today.  I struggle with liking myself on a daily basis.  I struggle with not be OK with who I am.  I struggle with the fact that I am not good enough for everyone in this world.  Now, I can here all of the cliche one liners come out all at the same time.  "Who cares what others think" or "Be yourself and if people don't like it then too bad!!" or "Someone can't MAKE you feel anything, you choose to let yourself feel that way..."  While all of those are great sayings and very true--I just can't bring myself to believe any of them.  My question is, why am I always looking for acceptance from strangers or from other around me instead of myself or God?  Why can't I just be happy with who I am without having to please everyone?  And most of the time--I feel that just my presence in a room or even a comment on Facebook is an annoying to most people.  Most of all, I feel like I am the only person who feels this way in WHOLE entire world.  A little over the top, I know.

The sad thing is....as I sit here I don't know the answer to why I feel these things.  I wish I had the cure.  I wish I had the magical answer.  But the truth is that no one in this world can make or help us feel accepted.  Sometimes not even our spouses or closest friends.  Because we are all selfish--our number one goal is....ourselves.  Most of you are probably shocked to hear me say all of these things because everyone has always known me as a really happy positive person!  Which is most of who I am!  But inside every positive person, there is negativity that lingers inside.

Now don't think I am going all "Debbie Downer" on you!  I have good news :)  Even though all of these things go on inside my head--I know that there is One who loves me unconditionally and who will never, ever turn His back on me.  Someone who will always be there no matter what I do or say.  Someone who loves me for who I am even though sometimes I don't like what I see...

And that someone is our one and only Savior.  Because of this, I hold on to these scriptures:

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

So I leave you today with the fact that I am not a perfect person.  I struggle with issues that are sometimes hard to overcome.  But I have hope in the Lord!!  I have promise that He will always love me.

Of course, I can't leave without a photo!  Here are Daniel and Chloe strolling through Petsmart :)  My two loves!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So, I couldn't help thinking you looked SO familiar tonight and wondering where I'd met you before...and then I saw the pictures of Daniel on this post and now I know! You've been to my church before! :) Thanks for coming tonight. I'm glad you were there.