Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 4th!

We had such a great time July 4th weekend with Daniel's brother & his family!! :) We haven't seen them in 6 months and the kids have grown up so much since Christmas! We were there for 3 days and that definitely was not long enough.

We arrived on Saturday morning around...2:00am or so I think. I had bought Braves tickets for Daniel & Jason, so Saturday they went out for a little "man" time while Tara and I hung out with the kids. Sunday was so much fun. We went to church then came home and made some snacks and deserts to go over to their good friends' house, Melanie & Jamie. And let me just tell you--they have to CUTEST little boys ever! I got some great shots of their youngest son who was such a ham for the camera :)

Then Monday was absolutely fun/overwhelming/awesome! Tara and I went on an adventure to IKEA. Now, neither of us have been to IKEA before so this was totally crazy for us. I thought about a friend of mine, Annie(she is an excellent blogger!) who blogged about taking a friend their for the 1st time. She talked about how she loves IKEA but it is always a good idea to take someone with you who has been there before--now I understand why she said that!!! But overall, it was a really fun trip!! I love IKEA now and wish there was one closer to us.

Now I am going to warn you, this will be a looong photo post. I took so many pictures and I can't decide on which ones to post. I am just trying to show you all the exciting things we did!

This is Elaina, Jason & Tara's daughter, she just turned 1! :)




This is Ethan (their son) who is 3 years old. Ethan loves to play outside with his dad and play in the woods behind their house.


Daniel & Ethan playing the Wii baseball game. Ethan was a really good pitcher for 3 years old! :)


Here the howell boys watching videos on YouTube--can you tell they are all from Howell blood??


Elaina & mommy blowing bubbles :)






Ethan helping daddy make homemade ice cream. And it was the best homemade ice cream I have ever had!


This is just precious--Elaina fell asleep in the car after church. I couldn't resist taking a quick picture :)




Tara & Ethan :)




Now we start in on the actual 4th of July--unfortunetly I have no idea how to take pictures at night, so no pictures of fireworks, but I got some good ones of the kids playing in the pool at Tara & Jason's friends' house! :)














Here are all 4 kids! They had so much fun that day :)


I love this picture :)


And last but not least, a photo of Daniel & Ethan watching the fireworks. This is such a sweet picture that I know Daniel will cherish. He loves Ethan (Elaina too!) with all his heart. He is such a good Uncle :)


I hope you enjoyed me rambling about how cute my neice & nephew are! :) We had such a good time, and can't wait to see them again in September. it seems too far away!

Hope you all had a good 4th! Just curious, did anyone have any interesting events happen this 4th of July? What did you guys do to celebrate? I want to hear from you!

Love,
Courtney

No comments: